April 7, 2008

Super Monday!!!

Today was my first SUPER MONDAY!!!!!! I have to say at first I was dreading it since I was a little tired from a great wedding day yesterday but was really glad once I arrived at the Hampton Inn in Green Hills for the seminar. David Wright was our speaker and he taught us about how we can better ourselves and our photography by taking the time to work hard and earn our degrees and certification from PPA of which we are all members. PPA is a great organization to be apart of for anyone from an aspiring photographer or if your an old pro. You will love the networking, the great people, and enhancing your skill as well as getting to know other wonderful photographers in your area or nationally. 
For those of you who know David, this comes as no surprise but I love to see and be around him. He has an amazing attitude is an exceptionally gracious human being and if you didn't know anything else he is easily the best wedding photographer in Nashville today. Can you tell I admire him?!?!? Plus I hadn't seen David since we were at Imaging USA earlier this year in Tampa. 
Today we were able to bring in some of our work and talk about our images and get feedback on what we are doing today in photography. I was fortunate to meet some other really cool photographers of which I already knew Joe Burlingame which was a great surprise to see him again since it has been a few years now since we worked together. Joe is a really great commercial photographer and all around great photographer. I was also able to get to know Scott & Kimberly Butler of Butler Photography from Florence AL who are a really sweet husband and wife team and do some timeless portrait artistry and also Elaine Hudson from A Private Gathering, she is really sweet and fun to be around and I hope to be able to get to know all of them so much better in the future. Not to be cheesy but what a Super Monday it was. I am excited to go again and to get the prints going for some competition. 

No comments: