April 15, 2008

Schmerhorn - Hymn Sing

Sunday April 13th 2008 was an excellent Sunday. I was asked to participate and photograph in the Nashville Hymn Sing with the Nashville Choir & Nashville Symphony at the Schermerhorn in downtown. They invited an inspirational group to come and be apart for 2 shows on Sunday one matinee and one evening concert. 

John Coates contacted me to come and photograph him with several of the guests and then take part in capturing images of the worship service. The guests I was able to meet while documenting John's day was Amy Grant, Bill Gaither and some other members of the the Gaither Family, Melinda Doolittle, and Travis Cottrell. Everyone was extremely nice and just made for a tremendous afternoon to be able to be apart of such an event and hear such amazing talent. I feel really blessed to be apart of our Christian community.  

I was fortunate to have my family in the audience and particularly my Grandma who was thrilled to say the least that I could get her a ticket for the day. :-)

I was also able to reconnect with Matt Andrews a friend of mine and fellow photographer who was also hired to come and participate for the afternoon. 

The hall itself is exuisitly decorated and probably the most beautiful building in downtown Nashville to say the least. This is my third time to be apart of events down at the hall and I hope many more will follow for both business and personal. 

No comments: