July 6, 2008

Gabriel's last day

For those of you who know Gabriel Dominguez came from Brazil 11 months ago as an exchange student. He is absolutely amazing guy. I first got to know Gab really after the Halloween party last year at church. He came as the circus mime which sounds really silly and it was but his costume was so original and authentic you would have sworn he just left Barnum & Bailey and came in to the Youth group that night. Well long story short Gab won the costume contest with some lobbying by yours truly and we became friends. 
In January Gab started being apart of my small group on Sunday night. I teach and work with the teens at our church and he ended up being one of my guys. Our group is called the "Double G" or "Gentry's Gentlemen". I had nothing to do with the title the guys made it up themselves but I do love it....what can I say it fits. :-) 
So as with everyone else in my life who is important to me I asked to take pictures of them and he will be a senior this coming year in high school so we of course had a senior portrait session and then had some friends come over for a few as well. Everyone loves him and he is close to like everybody in our group so we had to keep numbers a little smaller than he wanted. The pics turned out awesome and Lori and I hope to visit Gabriel and his parents in Brazil sometime in the next year. We have even talked and hope to have him go on the senior trip next summer. Hopefully I can go and not have too much work on my plate. Peace out!!! 

No comments: